Most parents these days are aware of the benefits of banking their baby’s umbilical cord and cord blood. However, unknown to even some doctors (and most parents), the Placenta (Chorion + Decidua), Amniotic Sac and Amniotic Fluid are the richest source of stem cells in Quality and Quantity. Why? Find out below…
- Placenta – The outermost membrane around the embryo.
- Amniotic Sac – The bag of fluid inside the uterus where the baby is born.
- Amniotic Fluid – This is the fluid inside the amniotic sac that the developing baby inhales and exhales. It also provides cushioning against the mother’s abdomen.
Stem cells obtained from the Placenta, Amniotic Sac and Amniotic Fluid are Pluripotent.
Pluripotent cells have the potential to differentiate into any of the three primary groups of cells that form a human being:
- Endoderm (interior stomach lining, gastrointestinal tract, the lungs),
- Mesoderm (muscle, bone, blood, urogenital), or
- Ectoderm (epidermal tissues and nervous system).
This means they have the ability to give rise to ANY tissue, organ or cell.
They have the highest count and multiply almost 10 times faster when compared to stem cells from ANY other source. They also have the capability for treating the maximum number of disorders – far more than all other sources put together.
Completely Safe and Ethical
Unlike embryonic stem cells, stem cells from the Placenta, Amniotic Sac and Amniotic Fluid are completely safe and there is no chance of tumor formation.
They have the least chance of rejection when used in therapy. They are also non-embryonic, hence completely ethical.
These amazing stem cells can be easily obtained during child birth, whether normal delivery or C-section.
All these wonderful features make the Placenta, Amniotic Sac and Amniotic Fluid the MOST PREFERRED SOURCES OF STEM CELLS.